Events are types of activities (other types at this time include Deals and Invoices). Events can have the following attributes:
- Label. By default, there are the following activity labels in the system: Follow-up, Call, Note and Meeting. You can customize these labels by clicking Edit Labels.
- File. You can attach a file or document to an event, either from your computer or the shared file library. If an event is associated with a contact, this provides the means to attach a document to this contact, for example, a proposal or contract.
- Description. This field is required. The first line of the description will be used in the event preview in the calendar and contact timeline.
- Date and time (or date range). You can set the event for a certain date (Jan 1), date and time (Jan 1 @ 1:00am), date range (Jan 1 to Jan 3), and date and time range (Jan 1 @ 1:00am to Jan 3 @ 9:15pm). Check the All Day box if you don’t need to specify the time.
- Associated Contacts. You can associate an event with any number of contacts.
- Assigned Users. You can assign any number of users from your account to an event.
- Display on Calendar. Uncheck this option if you don’t want the event to be shown on calendar, for example, if it’s a note about yesterday’s meeting results.
- Open or complete. Events that are open require action. You can filter by the open or complete status in the Calendar view.